CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Awesome Sunday run!

I had a brilliant LSD this morning! The sun is shining and it’s a crisp, fall morning in Cowtown. What better way to spend a Sunday morning than an hour long run?

Garmin says:

1:00:00

6.98 km

519 cal

I was thinking I’d get in 8K, but I guess I really was going slow! That’s OK—I did a combination of trails and pathway running, but I tried to stick to trail as much as possible. It makes me happier and my body too!

Today’s almost 7K has me smack dab in the middle of Langley. I’m at the 192 Street Overpass! By the end of next week, I’ll be in Abottsford and oh, so close to the cabin at Mt. Baker!



Hmmm….perhaps a side trip is in order! We’ll see.

I finished up my run with half an hour of yoga. Lots of hip openers and twists. A foot and a turtle sticker made it to the calendar today! Post run recovery drink:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1/2 TBSP Nestle Nesquik chocolate syrup
1% moo (1 cup).

And water, lots of water!

So I kind of bailed on the last few weeks of Boot Camp. After being sick at Turkey day, I just couldn’t find the motivation to get back there. But, I did my measurements for this session and am pleased to report a loss of 1 5/8 inches and 3 pounds in the last six weeks. Since mid-May, I’ve lost a total of 7 3/8 inches.

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself! Like I said the other day, I feel skinnier and I’ve noticed my clothes are fitting differently. In fact, I can still wear clothes that I wore when I was at my goal weight, they just looked a lot better then!

If nothing else, Boot camp has shown me how important strength training is (and really, it doesn’t take that long to throw in a few push ups, squats, lunges and crunches at the end of a run) and given me some new moves. I also realized that I’m more of a solo exerciser. Aquasize is the only exception (maybe because I’m afraid of water, I like the safety of a group?!) My favourite activities have always been things that I do alone—running, boxing, walking, yoga (I haven’t been to a class in a studio since April). Anyway, enough armchair psychology.

Rest of the day looks like this:

-shower (run = good but sweaty and smelly!)
-lunch at Taj with S. & his family
-TBA (I left this up to S. to plan)
-make cookies for fabulous new neighbours who brought me wine (oatmeal cherry chocolate, I think!)
-nap?

Have a fabulous Sunday!

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

great job on the run!!

I just had a nap and it did not leave me feeling refreshed.... boo!

Patsy said...

I want that house! :o)

Well done with the run! It's one of my ambitions to be able to run even a short distance. I haven't done any running at all in probably 25 years... :-S

Love the kitty, btw...

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Nice job on the run!!