CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Happy Friday!

Goooooooooooood morning, Calgary (and others)!!

The sun has finally peeked around the big high rise to the south of me and is drenching me in a lovely sunbeam. Nerm is sound asleep (as only cats can be) in front of the fire and doesn't realize she's missing out on a great sunbeam.

You'll never guess how excited I was last night when I found some of this:


in Safeway. It's an old photo, sorry, it now comes in a plastic jug. But guess who had an egg-noggy chai this morning?! Yep, I've been soooooo envious of Jaime's noggy lattes (except that whole coffee thing) but I wanted to wait for my tried and true Noel Nog. Waaaaaay healthier than the eggy stuff.

Other than that, I don't have much to report today. I seem to be on the mend, although the coughing, wheezing and hacking remain. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to run tomorrow night, but I think S. will kill me if I don't. Especially since I basically told him he had to run this with me! =P

I did make a fan-freaking-tastic mac and cheese last night. Sorry, I was too hungry to take a photo. Maybe at lunch time. Basically:
- 1 box of Eating Right whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1 container Imperial cheese
- onion
- dijon mustard
- 1% moo (not much)
- broccoli
- 1 x 28 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- S & P
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 TB canola oil
- parmesan cheese

1. Cook macaroni. Drain. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 or 400F
2. Steam broc. Drain. Add to noodles.
3. Drain tomatoes. Add to noodles and broc.
4. Saute onion in a bit of butter or oil until tender. Remove from heat.
5. Add cottage cheese, Imperial, and a bit of moo and return to low heat.
6. Melt over low till saucy and cheesy.
7. Stir in some mustard and S & P.
8. Pour over noodles and mix.
9. Transfer to baking dish (I used my Pampered Chef 8x8 casserole but probably should have used a 9x13).
10. In a small dish, combine breadcrumbs, parm and oil till crumbly. Top casserole.
11. Bake until golden, bubbly, and cheesy (about 20-30 minutes).
12. Bask in the glory that is yours for being so amazing!

OK, I'd better get my butt in gear. Before we leave this afternoon, I still need to:
1. make cookies for the neighbours (oatmeal cherry chocolate chip)
2. pack
3. laundry
4. tidy house
5. pick up race packs
6. go to bank
7. get gas
8. nap

Happy Friday!

1 comments:

Jaime said...

Hey now! My "noggy lattes" wear just coffee with a sploosh of light egg nog. :)

I've always meant to try Noel Nog..will have to get on that this year!