CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday of Remembering

I spent this morning at the cenotaph downtown with my cousins Dougie and Robin and baby cousins, S, H, and S. Heard the pipers play (and saw a former co-worker who is a drummer in the pipe band) and stood in silence to remember why I love this country. I didn't fully appreciate it until I was in the Middle East and couldn't go where I wanted, when I wanted and with who I wanted. Don't even get me started on what I could and couldn't say! I came home with a new found appreciation for freedom. And I think Dougie has now, too.

Came home and then S. & I headed south to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump. Very cool, but again, I was saddened by how the Europeans completely obliterated a way of life. Thank goodness it's now a Unesco World Heritage Site and is preserved to show future generations how life on the plains used to be.

Stopped in at our favourite Indian place, Taj Mahal. We were going to go see "The Men Who Stare at Goats" but it didn't start for over an hour. So we wandered around the mall for awhile (S. was amazed that I knew what each and every kitchen gadget he held up was!) and then headed home.

And bed is beckoning....

1 comments:

Jaime said...

hey, what was your cousin doing in Sudan?

That's where FH's big volunteer mission thing is next year. That's why he's been gone to Ontario this month...taking the UN prep course.