CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Return of the Appetite

That’s a good sign, right? Good. That’s what I thought, too.

Tonight’s dinner had to:

(a) be yummy

(b) require very little effort on my part (my appetite may have returned, but energy hasn’t!)

(c) be quick

Check. Check. And check!



I made a veggie orzo dish awhile ago and put the leftovers in the freezer. While it was thawing in the microwave, I ran some cooked, frozen shrimp under some water and then got rid of their tails. I had the kettle hot, so I also soaked some sundried tomatoes. Chopped up some olives, mixed it all up and topped it with some feta. P opped it into the preheated toaster oven for 25 minutes and WOWSERS! I also had a slice of toasted Como bread on the side (note that it didn’t survive long enough to make it to the photo op). Oh, and a cuppa hot water with lemon to soothe the sore throat, too.


Christie’s coming to pick up the keys so she can feed Nerm while we’re in Banff this weekend for Winterstart. I sure hope the sneezing, coughing and phlegm are done by then!! Just found out S. spent the day on his couch, too. Uh oh! Please send healthy vibes our way...

A nice warm bath after that and Nerm and I are calling it a day. We’re going to WI bright and early tomorrow morning.

And seriously, what is up with not being able to post photos from Windows Live Messenger?! Jaime suggested 'dragging and dropping' but it won't let me do that. In all other ways I love the Live Writer! Help a girl out!!

And now it's light's out time in Cowtown. 'Night!!

2 comments:

Angela Power said...

Oh wow that DOES sound perfect!!! Glad you're coming back around ;-)

Fatinah said...

wow - pretty fancy dinner for something so quick - impressive!!