CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Too Excited To Sleep!

I get to see one of my very favourite singer songwriters perform tomorrow. Solo. Unplugged. I can't wait!

STEVE EARLE is coming to town!!

Now, you probably only know his hit song, "Copperhead Road." But this man is much, much more than that (although it is a fabulous song). He held out and made the music HE wanted to make, not what the record companies thought he should. He speaks his mind (the song 'F the CC' comes to mind) and his music always tells a story.

Check out The Revolution Starts...Now if you want to know how he feels about the American invasion of Iraq or George W. in general. He fast-tracked that album so that it would be released before the election. It's by far my favourite!

But I digress. He's lived an oh, so colourful life (booze, drugs, you name it) and has come out the other side an accomplished guitar player, producer, actor, and story teller. His latest album is a dedication to his friend, fellow singer songwriter Townes Van Zandt and I can hardly wait to hear the songs and stories that are sure to accompany them.

So I'm off to bed! If you get a chance, here's a list of my favourite Steve songs:
Somewhere Out There--El Corazon
I Thought You Should Know--The Revolution Starts...Now
Copperhead Road (it's a classic!)
Poison Lovers--El Corazon
Jerusalem--Jerusalem

His Classic country tunes:
Guitar Town
Goodbye's All We've Got Left
Good Ol' Boy (Gettin' Tough)
I Ain't Ever Satisfied
Six Days on the Road

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it’s a useful topics and helpful to all other subscribers.
http://www.sleep-tunes.com

Natalie said...

Fun! Enjoy yourself. I'm sure you will!