CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award! (aka things you don't know about me)

Thanks to Lynn and Fatinah for passing this on:



Seven things you may not know about me (this was more difficult than I thought it would be!):

1. The only time I have NOT had a pet was during years 2-5 of university. They were four of the loneliest years of my life.

2. I DESPISE coffee. I love the way it smells, but the taste is vile. And yes, I've tried mochas, lots of milk and sugar, desserts, Kaluha, all the typical coffee flavoured things. NONE of them make my taste buds happy.

3. I don't know that I will ever be able to share my living space with another human. After three days, I start to go snaky. Maybe if I had more square feet...

4. I have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Basically, my body attacks itself. My kidneys and joints pay the biggest price. I don't remember what it's like to wake up and not hurt somewhere. I also have stretch marks that are so big and deep that they are still purple, 15 years after I gained 20 pounds overnight (yes, literally! Kidneys shut down and I started retaining water). They're my tiger stripes though, part of what makes me ME.

5. I don't want kids. Not now. Not ever. And no, I don't think I'll feel differently if it's my own. I don't even really like kids. Babies, I like.

6. I know a lot of people. There's too many to count.

7. I came thiiiiiiis close to knowingly sleeping with a married man. In my own defense, I was on a mountain in Africa and it was COLD! Stupid morals...


I know I should pass this on, but instead, I'll challenge all of you to leave me a comment or post your own list of things I don't know about you!

And now, I'm off for drinks with my favourite peeps, S & L. They're having human resources issues at their company and we thought a good drink or two would help! Happy Friday!

H =)

1 comments:

Amber said...

And now you have some 'splaining to do! I would really like to hear your gaining 20 pounds overnight (literally) story - that must have been scary! And also the Africa story, if not the sleeping with a married man part, more about Africa in general! I think it's SO COOL that you went there!