CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First 5K of 2010!

Garmin says:
45:05 min
425 cal
5.44km

Followed by 2 sets of:
12 x Thrusters with 8 lb weight
12 x Lunges
12 x Lateral raises with 5 lb weight
20 x Bicep curl with 8 lb weights
12 x 8 lb leg/arm extension (I don't know what these are called but we did 'em in boot camp
10 x pushups

At the end I added another set of pushups and v-sit. And some Supermans for my back.

This puts me at Peters Indian Reserve 1, Peters Rd Exit #151 along the Trans Canada and 20 km away from Hope! Certainly not the fastest run, but it felt good to be out there again. And considering I haven't run since Dec. 27 (YIKES!) I'm good with it. My training schedule has me running 3 times during the week (time based runs, not distance) plus one long, slow run (distance) on Sundays. While I would like to run each day, I'll be happy with 2 runs during the week and my weekend run. I need to listen to my body and be able to adjust my training based on what it's telling me.

The rest of my day entails a shower (running makes me stinky!), knitting and dinner with S. I'm making a chicken tagine and couscous. I may have to nip out for a few things since my cupboard is as bare as Old Mother Hubbard's.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lex said...

Whoot whoot! You are rocking it!! WAy to inspire ... me!!!

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

Well, I'll be damned if you don't inspire me to get off my lazy as and hit the treadmill. :D

Anonymous said...

You totally rocked it today!! :) I need to start incorporating strength training soon. I've started to sooooo many times and then let it go.

Unknown said...

great job!! You should be proud!!