CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken Tagine: Hit or Miss?

Definitely a HIT!

I marinated a bone-in chicken breast and 5 chicken thighs using the spices in this recipe. Browned them in a heavy pot with some oil. Moved 'em to the tagine. Added a chopped onion and sauteed for about 5 minutes, then added 3 crushed gloves of garlic and some grated ginger. Cooked little more. Add 2 cups chicken stock and a generous teaspoon of tomato paste. Then I added the extras from an old recipe I had made once before: 1/2 cup each of dried apricots, prunes and green olives. Pour over the chicken in the tagine. Cover and bake in a 350F oven for 1.5 - 2 hours.

I served it over bulgur soaked with chicken stock, fresh spinach (wilted a little in the microwave) and some cooked sweet potato (there wasn't room in the tagine to add them). Garnished with a little fresh mint.

Oh. My. Freaking. God. was it good!

Kicked S's ass in Scrabble (I <3 a game with words!) and now have the kitchen tidied and am going to go run a bath (I need some RMSC Sore Muscle Soak) and read my new issue of Yoga Journal.

'Night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

super yum!! I love Tangnes however you spell it!

Nik said...

Wow... that sounds FANTASTIC!!!
I wish my boys would eat something like that!! Hee hee.