CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Week 3 Challenge: Clean Eating

So, how hard can this be, right? Hmpf! I eat clean most of the time, so I figured this would be a piece of cake (or bowl of fruit or something).

Started the day with oatmeal and chai:


Notice how the oatmeal almost boiled over in the microwave! I know they'd probably be better if I cooked 'em on the stove, but I don't function very well till I'm fed in the morning. Microwave it is.

Chai fixings are not 100% clean. I refuse to give it up, though. Mmmm...it's the nectar of the gods, I swear! (I despise the taste of coffee, even though I love how it smells. Chai, on the other hand, well, that's a whole different story!)



Oats contained:


Porridge oat blend by Rogers (I think it may only be available in Western Canada), honey (from Northern Alberta--best.honey.ever. It's all the alfalfa, I swear!), Almond butter, skim moo and half a frozen 'nana. I couldn't eat it all, so I've got brekkie made for tomorrow already!

Coffee break snack was fat free yogurt, frozen strawberries, and maple flakes.



Lunch consisted of leftovers (again): grilled veggies, pork chop, potatoes and tzatziki (all ingredients are pronouncable, I swear. Got it at Costco. Super yummy).

Oh, and cherries, too!




Pre boot camp snack was this gorgeous Pink Lady!


Post boot camp (while supper was cookin') was hummus and fresh carrots (from the market, of course!)


Dinner was some frozen turkey meatloaf (recipe from Clean Eating, not very visually appealing but very tasty) and leftover spuds and veggies. I roasted 'em in my Pampered Chef pan so they got all crispy. Mmmm. Added a dollop of tzatziki for good measure.


Oh yeah, there was also the peanut butter cookie that Nicole brought to work today. I meant to save it for tomorrow, but it smelled so good! I broke. And the chai's not 100% clean either, but again, it's moderation, right?!

Gotta run, my boy's here to watch Harry Potter so we're all caught up for Thursday night when we go see the new flick!

3 comments:

misssarahlou said...

Well done on the clean eating, I thought this challenge would be okay but i may struggle, I need to really put my mind to it! Some great ideas from you though :o)

Fatinah said...

we've watched movies 3, 4 & 5 in reverse order to get ready - had ourselves a little marathon today. We leave to go see the new one in 20 mintues - I can hardly stand the wait!!!!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

your dinner looks so yummy! I wish I wasn't hungry before reading this! lol

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com