CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Good Grains #2

To add to my fabulous day, a fabulous lunch!

Lettuce from my garden, drizzled with 1 tsp of EVOO, 1 tsp balsamic, 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp of grainy mustard:


Here's the grain. Quinoa and kernel corn served with a grilled piece of garlic pepper chicken from Costco. I also added a scant quarter cup of salsa to the quinoa for flavour.

When I used to be organized, on Sundays I would grill up enough chicken for the week and then aliquot the quinoa/corn mixture into each. Top with a piece of grilled chicken, add 1/4 cup of salsa and a sprinkle of old cheddar. It's the perfect reheat-able lunch!


Served with a tall glass of water with a squeeze of lemon, with Justin Rutledge playing in the background:


I'm full! Had to leave some:


Note the food journal beside the plate. Add there's actually writing in it!!

0 comments: