CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FABULOUS Day!

I'm having one! I love days off in the middle of the week!

I slept in and had a lazy morning, sipping chai, checking blogs and IM'ing with my cousin.

Then, I made a training schedule for Melissa's Road Race which is 6 short weeks away!! Egad, where does the time go?! So then I slipped on my runners and my Garmin and went to get my heart a-pumpin'.

Garmin says:
31:06 minutes
4.30 km
Average speed: 8.3km/h
The 5K in less than 30 minutes will happen soon, I know it!

Then I grabbed the hula hoop I bought at Folk Fest and hooped for 3 minutes.

Came in and did a 20 minute yoga practice followed by a 10 minute meditation.

*sigh*

Who knows what the rest of the day will bring?

I've been feeling kinda blah about how the scale hasn't been my friend, but my run today proves that it's not all about the number on the scale. My fitness level has improved dramatically since boot camp started and my clothes are fitting differently, too. I've got the old journal out to write everything down, so hopefully I'll find my losing groove again soon!

2 comments:

Carol said...

You will get your groove back, because you are awesome and it will all come together!
Haven't opened the training schedule yet, but I am excited!
:)

Amber said...

Ahhh sounds like a lovely day. The one thing I miss about shift work is having random days off in the middle of the week! It feels much more relaxing than the weekend, I find!

You're so right. The scale ISN'T everything - I'm still working on wrapping my mind around that!