CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goals & Rewards

Hmmmm....I've had my thinking hat on all week. I think the heat's been messing with me though, 'cause I'm still not overly focused. Alas, here's what I've got so far:

Long term goal: return to my goal weight (159) and maintain successfully.
How shall I get there?
-Continue to attend boot camp with Josh 3X/week
-Listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry, not tired or bored
-Use food as fuel, not an emotional crutch
-Eat local and clean as much as possible
-Resume my yoga and meditation practice

What do I get for all that?
-Lasered! It's taken me awhile to come up with this one, but seriously, if I could forgo the shaving of the pits and waxing of the bits forever, I will be one happy camper.
-A new tatoo (of what, I'm not sure, I've got a little time)
-A vacation (instead of staying home and being fiscally responsible!)

What baby steps can I take?
-Run a 5K in less than 30 minutes. Apparently hills will help with the speed. This is good, because Josh likes hills. I'm starting to like them too, but don't tell!
-Go to bed at a regular time (this is hard when you work shift work, but can be done)
-Eat from my garden and farmer's market
-Make my lunch to take to work. Only eat what I take to work! I have resisted the call of the vending machine of late, but it's a toughie!
-Resurrect the food journal. Where isthat....
-Train smart for Melissa's Road Race in September. Training begins this week! I want to beat last year's time which is totally doable. I've just gotta do it.
-No more scale slave. WI is ONCE a week. Saturday mornings.

Mini-rewards:
-new Lulu gear
-argyll cycling ensemble (gloves, a skirt and cute shirt)
-massage


That's all I've got for now. Gotta run. Folk Fest is AMAZING!

0 comments: