CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 30, 2010

TGIF!

Except I have to work tomorrow. Boo. But that's how I got last weekend off to go to Folk Fest. C'est la vie.

After I post this and shut off the computer, I'm winding down for the night! My yoga practice tonight will consist of:

Supta Baddha Konasana (Reclined cobbler's pose) with the Gayatri Mantra playing in the background.

Have you ever heard the Gayatri Mantra? It is one of the most auspicious mantras. Translated, it is:

Earth, Atmosphere, Heavens.
We meditate on the sacred light of the radiant source.
Let that inspire our thoughts.


My favourite version is by Deva Premal. It's absolutely beautiful.

And now, since my oh, so healthy snack (ripple chips and onion chip dip washed down with Rock Creek Cider) is complete, I need to roll out my mat!

0 comments: