CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Moose is Loose!

Early in the new year, my friend Jo and I signed up for this bad boy trail half marathon. Mostly 'cause we saw the great moose bling the half finishers got (that we did not for completing the 10K) last July. We want a running moose medal to wear around our necks!

It was to be Jo's first half and a great trail run pour moi! But alas, it was not meant to be. My IT band/knee are getting better, but there's no way I'm ready to run a half. And a river hilly, trail half at that! So I called Jo the other day...got the greatest message on her voicemail but didn't get to talk to her.

The phone rang last night and guess who? Yep! My bubbly friend! Turns out the very day that I called her, she injured not one, but two toes on her right foot in two separate instances! She stubbed the big one and split the newly pedicured flower decorated nail in half (apparently there was a geyser of blood). She got that under control, went to pick up friends at the train station and while showing them the sights in her fair city (Edmonton) by some freak coincidence, her friend (who wears nothing but steel toed boots) stepped on her baby toe and crushed it (she was wearing sandals, not steel toed boots)! OUCH!

So as of 11 p.m. last night, she's not even sure that she's going to be able to run. Regardless, we have made a pact that NEXT year we WILL run it, upright, uninjured and smiling!

And after discussing our running injuries (cause really, I think her toes will count as black toes, she's been training up till now and needs a much better running story to account for the injuries) we caught up on the rest of our lives. I love that even though we don't see each other very often, we can pick up the phone and pick up our conversation right where we left off.

I also love Facebook for helping me reconnect with my friends from uni that I lost touch with over the years. Jo is one of 'em (so are Sarah & Michelle) and I'm eternally grateful to have found them again.

And know what else I love about Jo? I can use an exclamation mark in EVERY single sentence, and I don't have to go back and edit them out! Our conversations (written or spoken) are always filled with exclamation marks! 'Cause that's just how we roll...

=)

0 comments: