Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Confusion Reigns Supreme

I'm so confused! What to do, what to do?!

Over an hour on transit, at night, in the winter holds absolutely no appeal to me. I also can't make it to and from work in time on days where I work late (or have yoga during the day and have to work at night). Shit! Am I looking for an excuse just not to do this? I don't think so.

I would not commit to this training until I knew where it would be so that I knew I could get there easily. They've known for at least two weeks that the location they gave me was not where it was going to be. And they've given me a week (during the holidays no less) to figure out what to do. How do I know this? Well, the chica who I spoke to on the phone told me and then I got an email from the other chica telling me that since they gave me incorrect info, they would refund my entire deposit. Deposits don't get refunded in full when there's less than a week before class starts!

Arrrrgh! I also don't want to be completely reliant on someone else (and that's assuming I can find someone to carpool with) twice a week for four months! It would be different if we were sharing the driving, but all I can offer is money for gas. That's the control freak in me coming out....

My mom's suggestion was to take the money I would've spent and put it in the bank and wait. Another opportunity will come up and then the money will be there.

So I guess I need to sit on my mat for a bit and see what comes to me...or what comments you leave!

What would you do?


Me, Only Better said...


Well, I'd say since it is already causing so much stress, maybe it is better to wait for another opportunity. If you had known the location would you have gone through with it?

But that being said, I am a firm believer that sometimes the things we want most have road blocks that we must navigate in order to get them!

It is good that they are offering you a full refund though!

H-woman said...

Nope, I wouldn't even have considered the training if that was the location. Logistically, it's not an easy place to get to by transit, and especially not twice a week for four months.

I initially thought it would be in Bridgeland (a downtown community that's a wee bit 'rougher' around the edges) and was worried about that--at least that would have only been a ten buck cab ride home--much more doable than over 40....

H =)

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I think you should wait for another opportunity - if it's causing this much stress already then it's probably not the right fit. And can you train with a DIFFERENT group/program next time so you don't get screwed over again!