CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Seriously?

Did I move to Vancouver and not realize it?! It's about 7C and drizzling here. Oh, and 91% humidity. It made for a damp run, that's for sure!

44 min, 5.98km and 486 calories burned. Honolulu, here I come!

Not just for a marathon, but for the summer I never had.

In other news, it seems that Reitmans thinks I have also moved to Vancouver. In the spring I emailed them and asked them, ever so politely, to puh-leeeease bring back their trouser jeans. They fit me perfectly and make my ass look good. But now I need a new *smaller* size! Alas, they don't make them anymore. So someone from head office responded and said (I'm paraphrasing), "don't despair, H-woman, in the fall they will return."

Last week mom and I spent some time shopping and let me tell ya, there wasn't a trouser jean to be found. And no, skinny jeans look good on no one, especially someone with thighs like mine!

So I emailed and asked (again, ever so politely) when, exactly, could I expect to see said trouser jeans in my neck of the woods? I was given the phone number for a store in Vancouver and one in West Van to call. Ummmm...ok, but I live in Calgary!

But I phoned, just to say that I had. Turns out the 'trouser jeans' this customer service dude/dudette (I can't tell from the name) is talking about is NOT the trouser jean I seek! Call me crazy, but I like a jean with a waistband, fly and button, not slip on pseudo-fat pants. Now, I know that their Comfort pant is comfortable, I even own a pair. And they are also too big, which is why I seek new pants!

But the Comfort pant is all they now carry. Arrrrrgh! And it's not what I want at all.

*le sigh*

I've sent an email to Lynn Spence c/o Cityline in the hopes that she may be able to point me in a trouser jean direction.

An added bonus of the jean dilemma in my house: I tried on my favourite cammo-corduroy-cargo pants that I bought in Hawaii while I was at goal weight.

drum roll, please

THEY FIT!

And I can breathe! (an added bonus)

So, the crisis is somewhat averted. I have at least one pair of pants that I can wear. They're just uber casual, so I guess I'll have to schedule my social life accordingly.

=)

2 comments:

Shirls said...

Bought this evening at Ricki's 130th Ave SE location...

http://tinyurl.com/39n5u7y

I hope that helps!

H-woman said...

They look awfully skinny in the thigh, but I'll give 'em a shot! Thanks, Shirls.

=)