CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School Goal Setting

I spent a lot of years in school:
1980-1993 (K-12)
1993-1998 (U of A BSc MLS)
2007-2008 (Athabasca U)
2010 (Jan-Jun Yoga Teacher Training).

I'm one ed-u-ma-cated chick!

September is a better "new" year for me than January. I also feel compelled to go buy stationery. Is it bad that I was literally drooling over my friend Michelle's weekly planner on the weekend? I still want one! Maybe when she returns on Friday we can go on a shopping mission. Although, we discovered that we know how to do some serious damage to the bank account when we went hog-wild at Lulu on Sunday, but really, how much could you spend at Staples? Never mind, don't answer that!

So what's the point to this, you ask? Well, my goals lately (I can't remember the exact day I started, but it's been a few weeks now):

1. Stop eating before 2000h (that's 8 p.m. if you don't do the 24-hour clock thing). Sometimes this may not happen, especially when I work evening shifts, but the intent is to eat dinner and then STOP.

2. Drink more herbal tea. See #1 above. No eating after 8, but who said no drinking?! I stocked up this weekend:

From Teaopia: Coconut Cream Green, Wild Cherry and Pina Colada.
From Banff Tea Co.: Women's Keep Well-Uma & Chocolate Mint Rooibos.

3. Sleep 7-8 hours each night.

Most nights, it's worked just fine! I'm currently sipping some delightful Coconut Cream green tea.

Note to Self:
Drinking wine on a school night is neither in alignment with the above stated goals nor conducive to getting up for work in the morning! But it was good wine and great company!

0 comments: