CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Super Fun Saturday

I love the weekend!

Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day--I added wrong at work and threw the whole day off schedule. I could try and explain, but won't. Trust me, if I add wrong, it's not good. Lesson learned. Met up with my friend S. who helped me with some techno stuff after a yummy dinner at Earls. Fell asleep watching my boyfriend, George Stroumboulopoulos, and finally crawled into bed around 1230. Dude downstairs cranked his tv at 0507. Arrrgh! Two stomps on the floor got the volume reduced. It better not happen tomorrow or shit may hit the proverbial fan.

Today was super fun! Met my girls for coffee and a walk by the river this morning. Good thing, too, because it's a freaking blizzard out there now! Came home and tidied up and did laundry (in anticipation of the bad weather today--I have to actually go outside to access the laundry room and did I mention how I absolutely DESPISE laundry?). Then the new boy and I got together for our day of fun. When we were planning what to do this week, the only plan we had was: Saturday and FUN. We played pool (best of 7; I lost. But it was damn close the last four games!) and then had a heck of a time trying to find a place to play darts.

Now, I've always been a believer that sharp, pointy objects and alcohol don't mix. I was wrong. My game got better the more Strongbow that I consumed. We finally found a place (a cool pub all 'round, actually) where there was a dart tourney going on when we arrived. They awarded the trophy during our second game. I lost all three games, but had a great time. And I definitely think there should be points for style like there are in freestyle and figure skating. I would've done much better.

Had some yummy Vietnamese pho (although not nearly as good as my Thursday night noodles are) and then watched a movie (Music and Lyrics) where I laughed so hard diet coke almost came out my nose. Snuggled on the couch for a bit then came home due to blizzard. I made him call me when he got home and apparently it just kept getting worse out there. Did I mention that I am so ready for winter to be OVER?!

Anyhooo...the only things on our list that we didn't do were arm wrestle, go for a walk and go to a movie. Next time!

Now I'm sitting by the fire trying to keep warm and sipping a warm mug of decaf chai. I hope you all had a great day, too!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a good time!!

Now where the heck are you to have a blizzard happening???
I think mother natured forgot that it's spring...

Amber said...

Aw, sounds like a fab weekend!

I am SO mad about the blizzards, they haven't hit Kamloops yet but they are supposed to tomorrow. It's depressing, why isn't spring here yet!!!