CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Tales of Hanuman


Hanuman--The Monkey God: playfully serious, shape shifter, resourceful, your authentic self.

I don't even know how to describe how incredible the past three days have been! All I know is that I am blessed.

To have a family that loves and supports me unconditionally.

To have friends (old and new) that do the same.
(Both new friends!)

To have found the courage to open to grace, both on and off the mat.

To dance with the Divine, every time I step onto my mat. And whenever I step off.

To have teachers to guide me, support me and who share freely what their teachers have shared with them.

To have a beautiful body that is strong and true. And always allows me to be seriously playful.

What I thought was our peak pose from yesterday's backbending class (as demonstrated by Noah). It wasn't. There was MORE (More deeper. More dangerous). But good!


I think this is ardha bhekasana ardha dhanurasana (half frog half bow)!

My body is sore (but in a good way, knowing that I worked hard) and my mind and heart are full. I'm going to (with these lovely ladies, I hope) continue studying with Noah next spring in L.A.! I'm so excited!


Now, off to my mat for a restorative practice...we didn't do much of that this weekend!

Namaste. _/|\_

p.s. Kimberly--I've been practicing for almost 15 years (the last six more consistently) and teaching since last June!

0 comments: