CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 17, 2011

Running Fool

Laura was right: You never regret the runs you do, just the ones you don’t.

I spent all day in a meeting with only a bio-break here and there. No food and only coffee (blech!). Needless to say, by the time I arrived home at 1430h, I was ravenous!! Breakfast (yummy pumpkin smoothie) was a loooooong time ago.

I made some bulgur and while that was soaking, rummaged through the fridge freezer. I found a cod fillet and a little a-ha! light bulb blinked over my head. I bought Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution cookbook last weekend and I seemed to recall a few tasty looking fish dishes. How does bacon wrapped cod with fresh rosemary grab ya? Yeah. TASTY. I had a serving of homemade Greek salad over the bulgur while the fish was sizzling away in the toaster oven.

There *may* have been a nap after lunch.

When I awoke, there seemed to be a big ball of fire in the sky! Good God, could that be the sun?! I hadn't seen it for so long I wasn't sure...

I laced up the runners and headed out while the window of opportunity presented itself. Have I mentioned how I dislike running at any time other than first thing in the morning? No? Well, I dislike running at any time other than first thing in the morning. Must have something to do with my circadian rhythms or something. Whatever. I added in this old friend, Three Post Hill, just for fun:



32:47
7:46 km/h
4.22 km
335 cal

It wasn't fun. It wasn't easy. But the weather was perfect and I feel great now that I'm done!

I'm munching on more Greek salad while the oven is preheating for my next Jamie creation: baked apples! Mmmmm....I was intrigued by the spice mixture (bay leaves?) and the addition of booze (how can this be bad?). I'm sure I won't be disappointed!

Happy Friday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on running!!! Eats sound good too!

Enjoy the weekend!