CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Made My Monday

After a seriously hideous day at work (which I will NOT rant about because it's finally OVER and that's what REALLY matters), my brother & I had the following email exchange:

Me: FYI Only 30 shopping days left till my birthday!

Fred: Isn't that nice. What could a girl like you possibly want for her Birthday??

Me: Lululemon gift certificates are always nice. So are Aveda hair care products. Skis and associated gear. A visit from her big brother. A new tattoo…how’s that for a list?

Fred: What is your lemon potato recipe?

Me: Where did that come from?! Left field? I use this one as the basis and kind of wing it based on how I’m feeling.


4 medium potatoes, peeled
½ cup EVOO (yes, really that much! That’s what makes ‘em crispy and good)
S & P
1 TB oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
½ lemon (I really like lemon, so I usually use the whole thing)


Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the spuds in 1” thick slices. Combine everything but the lemon juice and dump into a baking dish. Squeeze the lemon over the spuds. Bake for about 20 minutes, then turn ‘em down to about 350F for another 15 or so. They should be golden brown, crispy yet tender when poked with a fork.

I’ve also put ‘em in foil and done ‘em on the BBQ.

Fred: No my wife called, and was planing supper. She had the hankeren for the lemon potato What the hell is EVOO?

Made my day! I <3 my big bro!

3 comments:

Jessica@Dairy Freey Betty said...

Hey! I know we missed each other. it was a super short trip, and I didn't get a chance to see many of my friends, we were out in Airdrie with no car!!! But we can figure out something next time!! :)

Nik said...

That really made me laugh!!!
Too cute!

Amber said...

Awwww what a funny exchange with your bro! Love it!