CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

enLIGHTened

I got an Amazon gift card for Christmas from Cowgirl Warrior. How to spend such a gift?!

I bought "enLIGHTened: How I lost 40 pounds with a yoga mat, fresh pineapples, and a Beagle-Pointer" by Jessica Berger Gross. There was an excerpt in Yoga Journal and I was intrigued.

It arrived in early January and I devoured it in less than 4 hours. It's a really easy read and filled with great advice, funny anecdotes and some yoga theory. Two points that really resonated with me:

-truthfulness (satya): become more truthful in everything you do, including what you're eating and why

- moderation (brahmacarya): it's not your last meal! Your tummy should be: 1/2 full with food, 1/4 full with water, 1/4 full with air

Two thumbs up!

Namaste.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi. My blog has moved to imlivinright.blogspot.com. I'm deleting my other one. I'll explain there.

TTYS!

Patsy said...

Sounds interesting... Will have to check it out! :o)

Julie said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm adding it to my {ever so long} reading list now!

BTW... I left a little "award" for you on my blog. Enjoy. Have a blessed weekend -- and I hope you feel better soon!!