CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Twelve Days of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....

Well, I get it after Christmas, but a week of skiing is gonna be fan-freaking-tastic! But on third day,  today (Sunday), I'm giving myself credit for getting on the scale. Let's just say that there's been a plethora of sugary goodness at work lately and I've been helping myself. A lot.

But it makes me feel like shit. Except Turtles. I love turtles! And so I decided to only eat the goodies I really love. And I busted some borscht out of the freezer (veggies have been sadly lacking lately) and baked some cabbage rolls too. Drank lots of water, had a good night's sleep and got up this morning to step on the scale.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be (why, why, does a digital scale have so much control of my life?! Oh wait. It doesn't. It helps me collect data. I am a scientist, after all!).

So, I guess I really have learned a few things doing this lean eating thing:
-eating slowly means I usually don't need to go back for seconds
-veggies are awesome
-it's not about food
And so even though I'd tossed out most of the habits these past few weeks, the big one stuck. If I eat slowly, my body registers when I'm full.  Built in portion control. Built in weight control.

And a solid hour of back bending followed by meditation didn't hurt, either.

I've got the ingredients for mulligatawny (YUM) and then I'm back to transcribing.

And I did some laundry today, too. Man, I'm awesome!!

0 comments: