CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Suzy Home-maker

This summer has flown by! The flood and evacuation threw me for a bit of a loop, but then moving back and forth between my house and the new beau's has taken a toll, too. I'm home this weekend, but today I spent the day making hundreds of glorious perogies.

There are caramelized onion, potato and Grizzly Gouda perogies.

There are sweet potato, bacon, roasted garlic and cheese perogies. (Oh. My. God!)

There are cottage cheese perogies. Cottage cheese and dill perogies.

Saskatoon perogies.

And last, but certainly not least, there are plum perogies.

We enjoyed the fruits of our labour with real Mennonite sausage (from Manitoba, no less) and schmot fat (cream gravy). Why, oh why, have I been eating fried perogies all these years?! Oh. My.
It's definitely not low calorie or healthy, but damned tasty!

I'm exhausted!

Add the bounty of today to our work a few weeks ago (salsa, dill pickles, bean pickles and pickled carrots) and I'm ready for any zombie apocalypse (or any other food shortage).

I think a soak in the tub, a cuddle with Nerm and a phone call from my sweetie and I'm good to call it a day.

1 comments:

tracy.rose@healthline.com said...

Hi,

Healthline is interested in contributing a guest post to h-woman.blogspot.com. We would be open to contributing any blog that would be of interest to your readers. Healthline bloggers have been featured on a variety of sites including:

Washington Times: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tango-mind-and-emotion/2012/aug/10/how-healthy-choices-easy/
Natural News: http://www.naturalnews.com/036515_diabetes_strawberries_prevention.html
Patch.com: http://strongsville.patch.com/blog_posts/where-and-what-to-eat-in-cleveland-to-beat-the-winter-blues

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Warm Regards,
Tracy