CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Sad Weekend

For a couple of reasons:
- I found out this morning that my dearest friend lost her dad. And not even a year since her mom died. It's been my own worst nightmare since I lost my dad: becoming an orphan. My heart hurts for her and her family. I wish I could give her a great big hug and tell her it'll be OK. But I can't. And that makes my heart hurt even more. So if you could send out an extra prayer tonight, I know somebody who could use it.

- It's the final weekend of my Anusara Immersion series. Our beautiful group of goddesses are gathered for one last weekend and as much fun as it was rockin' out to Micheal Franti before we tackled our practice leading up to Padmasana (Lotus pose), it was bittersweet, too. I guess what I've learned most today is that we always carry a little piece of everyone we meet and interact with, with us. And that's not a bad thing at all.

But a great big piece of good news happened today, too! My friend, C got a clear bill of health. No sign of the lymphoma that was there this time last year. So even while my heart hurts for M & her family & my own little kula, it bursts with happiness.

Bitter and sweet.

Forgetting and remembering.

Steadiness and surrender.

Contrary compliments.

This entire existence is a spanda, a pulsation, and all we can do is take it all in: the good, the bad, the easy and the difficult. And know that we are never, never alone, even when it feels like we are.

I honour the place in you where the entire Universe resides.
I honour the place in you of light, of love, of truth and of peace.
I honour the place in you, where if you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me,
There is only One of Us.
Namaste.
_/|\_





1 comments:

MizFit said...

Im late to this but so so sorry for your friend.



carla